2.25.2010

Tempo Run Playlist

So, I did something unusual today. I took my iPod with me on my Tempo run! This is unusual in that I usually don't run with it when I run outside. I'm strictly a treadmill iPod user. However, I was going out into a driving rain and it was 36 degrees outside... I knew I was going to need it if i wanted to complete it while remaining motivated and on-pace. I had a great run despite the weather. I was literally reigning myself in the whole time. I wanted to go harder and faster but knew it was wiser to stay close to my M pace (9:20/mile) so as not to burn myself out or wind-up being to sore or risk bonking in the Hyannis Half-Marathon on Sunday. After my 5 minute warm-up I kicked it in to my high gear and my splits impressed me in that I truly felt like I could've gone harder and faster. For the first time on a tempo run of this distance I felt strong and not completely wiped-out when I was finished. I'm pretty sure that it was my playlist that got me through it, it certainly wasn't my running ability...


  1. Lunatic Fringe - Red Rider (Warm-Up)
  2. Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  3. Piku - Chemical Brothers
  4. Red Alert - DJ Laz (Mile 1; 8:50)
  5. Bring the Pain - Method Man
  6. I'm Bad - LL Cool J
  7. Soldier - Eminem (Mile 2; 8:42)
  8. One Step Closer - Linkin Park
  9. Rock Star - N.E.R.D. (Mile 3; 8:42)
  10. Straight Outta' Compton - N.W.A.
  11. If I Can't - 50 Cent (Mile 4; 9:42 *uphill)
  12. So What'cha Want - The Beastie boys 
  13. Break ya' Neck - Busta Rhymes (Mile 5; 9:08)
  14. Rock Superstar - Cypress Hill 
  15. Git Up - D12 (Mile 6: 9:42 *uphill)
  16. X Gonna' Give it to Ya' - DMX 
  17. Till I Collapse - Eminem (Mile 7; 8:46)
  18. Handlebars - Flobots (Cool-Down)
Bring on Hyannis and a Sub-2 hour Half-marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment