3.02.2010

New Run Playlist

Another good run today, fueled in-part by an excellent new running playlist. This playlist, as all of my running playlists starts out with a warm-up song and a "fun" song, then goes into the running songs. In order to run this playlist and keep up a good cadence, you actually have to have decent rhythm and be able to listen and break down the different beats into 1/4's. 1/8's and sometimes 1/16's. There's even a 3/4's otherwise known as a waltz thrown in for good measure. Sometimes I put my years of DJ'ing (dissecting beats) to good use. Without further adieu, here's my rocking new running playlist:

1) Just Breathe - Pearl Jam
2) Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti and Spearhead
3) Hey Soul Sister - Train
4) The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars
5) New Divide - Linkin Park
6) Tear You Apart - She Wants Revenge
7) Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
8) New Fang - Them Crooked Vultures
9) Mountain Man - Crash Kings
10) Ain't No Rest for the Wicked - Cage the Elephant
11) Rise Up - Cypress Hill (feat. Tom Morello)*
12) Suck My Kiss - Red Hot Chili Peppers
13) Riot - Three Days Grace
14) B.Y.O.B. - System of a Down
15) Wish - Nine Inch Nails
16) Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
17) 6 in the Morning - D12
18) Lose Yourself - Eminem

Now, this playlist was created for a 6-miler at about a 10 min/mile pace. I only ran 4 today, but I did a long warm-up and a good stretch after and pretty much got through the whole playlist. Made the time pass really quickly. Enjoy.

*Definitely my favorite song of the day! Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment